*

*
******Behind the Moon BEADWORKS is proud to announce that a portion of proceeds from all purchases will now be donated to support the K-Love radio ministries! Thank you for your support!******

Monday, March 14, 2011

Starting off Monday right

So this weekend was one of those rare weekends that actually felt like I had a weekend!  Gotta love them when they come along, just the right mix of getting errands and such done but still having time for fun.  And all the snow melted too which definitely lifted my mood!

Being Monday and back to work can make you a little grumpy though.  Here are some of the ways I try to beat the Monday workday grumps.  I'm lucky enough to work for a relaxed company that allows me to enjoy all these little things that can get the day started right.

Me actually happy on a Monday morning!

1.  Light a candle.  Nothing helps create a feeling of serenity like a candle.  The best brand I have found is "Our Own Candle Co.".  These babies are amazing.  They burn for 100 hours and their yummy scents will permeate your entire house...or office building in my case :)  And the 16oz mason jar is only $7.00 - totally worth it!

2.  Turn on my digital picture frame.  My husband presented me with this gift two Christmases ago and I think it is the best present I've ever received.   
It's like watching a version of "This is your life" everyday.
Although it only has the last 10 years of my life since buying a digital camera ;)  But it's a great way to stay focused on what is important in life as you watch pics of your wedding, babies, vacations, and family flicker across the screen.  All those good times serve as a reminder of why you work so hard in the first place.

3.  Listen to a little Pandora acoustic soul on my iphone....or any music that lifts you up.  I think music is the single most powerful mood elevator ever.  Anytime your feeling down you can turn on some music that speaks to your soul or even just something with a great beat to serve as a little pick-me-up.

4.  Lastly, get a cup of coffee.  They say those that start the day with a warm beverage tend to be happier people.  Something about the warmth...well I know this is probably true for me.  I'm not a strong coffee drinker, I tend to like a light roast or flavored varieties.  Lately I've been drinking French Vanilla coffee with French Vanilla creamer, yum!   
Overkill?  Not for me, it's like dessert in the morning!
I also like Chai Tea Lattes.  I like a variety but some people are fiercly committed to a certain brand or brew.

What's your beverage of choice?


One of my favorite radios stations K-Love does a great thing on Mondays.  Its called Make a Difference Monday.  They make suggestions of small things (or big things) that you can do to make a difference in someone's life and people can call in with something they are doing or something someone did for them.  It's just a great way to start off the week and try to remind us all to help each other out now and again.  So many radio stations make fun of each other, callers, celebrities, etc.  I find K-Love's approach quite refreshing, can you imagine what the world may be like if people concentrated on building each other up instead of tearing each other down?  I want to live in that world.  I too get caught up in judging people sometimes but this reminder always helps.

K-Love is also helping to raise funds for Friday's earthquake/tsunami victims in Japan.  If you'd like to give, click here.

I'm linking up with Carrisa at lower case letters today!  Please check out her blog!
And Happy Monday!

Lower Case Letters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It

Related Posts with Thumbnails