*

*
******Behind the Moon BEADWORKS is proud to announce that a portion of proceeds from all purchases will now be donated to support the K-Love radio ministries! Thank you for your support!******

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Kids say the darndest things....

There's a book I often recall with fondness when my kids say something outrageous...Kids Say the Darndest Things by Art Linkletter.  The funny, crazy, adorable things that can come out of the mouths of babes are certainly to be treasured.  Documenting these little sayings is a great way to do just that.   My sweet friend Cory over at The Hedricks does these adorable posts of the cute little things her daughter says and so I thought I'd give it a try.

1.  My Big Boy out of nowhere says: "Mom, this is gonna be really nice for you!" 
Me: What's that?"  I'm thinking he must have picked me another flower from the yard, but no...
Big Boy: "I'm falling in love with you!"
Now where did he hear that I say!

2.  This one happened to be in the car on our way to the ER recently with my Little Boy.  It was about 12:30am.  He was sick and sleep deprived.
Little Boy:  "Mom, why is the moon following us?"
My husband and I just chuckled but never really answered him.  So a few minutes later.....
Little Boy:  "MOM!  WHY is the moon FOLLOWING US!  He was so angry about it, it was so funny!

3.  Let me preface this by stating that I have a "beauty mark" on my right cheek....
Big Boy:  "Mom, what is that?"
Me: "A mole."
Big Boy: "Why is it there?"
Me: "That's just the way God made me."
Big Boy: "We should buy another one for the other side."

4. My Little Boy has a hard time staying in his room after I put him to bed. As I was carrying my Big Boy up to bed, my Little Boy came out of his room....again.  In a VERY exasperated voice....
Big Boy to Little Boy: "GO TO BED!!!  You need your beauty sleep."

5.  While reading a bedtime story....out of nowhere...
Big Boy: "Mom, do bees poop?"
Gotta love the minds of little boys...contemplating the big questions!

6.  My husband is a teacher and my Big Boy just finished his first year of preschool.  I was unexpectedly home for the day with the boys and when my husband was leaving for work...
Big Boy: "Dad, please call me when you have snack time."
I guess he thinks everyone gets to have snack time :)

What funny things do your kids say?

5 comments:

  1. YAY! I love it! I'm so glad you started writing the sayings down.. it'll be fun to look back one day with the boys and laugh!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3 is too funny! today my daughter asked where my hubby was. I said "he's at work" and my oldest sone said "yah, it's the first time he's been there in days!" I'm sure my hubby would have loved to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I am laughing so hard!! I just love what their little minds come up with! I have been trying to document my son's sayings as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!

    Even better? You'll love it that you wrote it down. So often I'll hear my kids say something crazy funny and than I'll forget to write it down and then it's gone.

    Let's see? Elijah calls the garbage the gargabe and now we all call it that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha someone just posted on facebook what a grade 1 student wrote about them now that the year is done: she apparently has 'beadfle brest' LOL kids

    ReplyDelete

Pin It

Related Posts with Thumbnails