*

*
******Behind the Moon BEADWORKS is proud to announce that a portion of proceeds from all purchases will now be donated to support the K-Love radio ministries! Thank you for your support!******

Friday, October 21, 2011

Favorite Things Friday

It's been a strange week.

Peace and beauty mixed in with frustration and sadness.

But that's life I guess.

Here's what I found immense joy in.

A simple family walk in the woods

You can see my boys aren't really meanderers but it was still peaceful being in the quiet of the woods and smelling all the wonderful fall smells in the air.  This is one of our favorite things to do as a family.

My favorite gift

I adore my digital picture frame.  My hubs got it for me a few Christmases ago and it hangs on my office wall.  A perfect daily reminder of what I love in this life and reminder of the best moments I've had.  Aside from my kids and wedding ring, this is THE BEST gift he has ever given me.  LOVE IT!

My iPhone

I know, I know.
You're porbbaly all sick of me rambling on about how much I love my phone.
But God has really been using it to help me out this week.
That's right people, GOD will use an iPhone if need be!
I had a bad day at work one day and it was getting to me.  The next day started out to be pretty much the same so I turned my Pandora channel to some Christian music (the fact that I can listen to this at work is a blessing in itself!) and it totally kept me centered on what is truly important and helped me maintain a Christian attitude toward all the people I dealt with.

You can see my hubby is a man of few words :)

Not to mention with the new phones my hubby and I can message each other for free.  Lo' and behold we've been using it several times to drop little lovey reminders to each other throughout the week.
Who doesn't love that?!

My potty-training 2-1/2 year old
My sweet E has been keeping his diaper/underwear dry!
That is SOOO worth celebrating!  He loves the M&M's we give him when he is successful.  He will remind me to get them before we're even finished in the bathroom.  
Diaper days, I am about to kiss you bye bye :)

What's been bringing you joy?  
Go link up with Rachel and tell us about it!


finding joy

5 comments:

  1. Your son keeping dry is definately worth celebrating!! WOO HOO!!
    And isn't it amazing how Christian music can just help your perspective for the day!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you and the biggest high fives for potty training. Which, by the way, is one of my least favorite things to do. Well, maybe not the least, but certainly not the top ten.

    Love the first picture as well!! Cool how the colors are all blended together.

    Blessings friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I wanted to add that "getting" potty training for sure makes it to the FAVES! So hooray for those treats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving my iPhone too! We should start a we love our iPhones club! Just kidding. Maybe. Im also loving this fall weather and that this week flew by and that I get to see M in a few hours. Happy Friday, Krista!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the first picture is so neat. love the action and colors is captures.

    potty training success certainly calls for a celebration! woo hoo!

    my iphone wasn't working for an entire day and i felt completely out of touch with life. ha!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It

Related Posts with Thumbnails