*

*
******Behind the Moon BEADWORKS is proud to announce that a portion of proceeds from all purchases will now be donated to support the K-Love radio ministries! Thank you for your support!******

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

When fear is at your door - A call to prayer

I live in a picture perfect neighborhood.

(No...this is not my house)


Cookie cutter houses, mature trees, middle-class suburban heaven.  
Crime happens yes....but we don't often live in fear.  
That has changed a bit this week.

A possible serial rapist is attacking women in their homes a few miles from my house.  There have been 3 attacks in the past 4 days.  It is even closer for my mom and sister.  Not only geographically but they are also friends with the first victim of these attacks.

Needless to say we have all been taking precautions.  
Me Hubsy looked over my mom's house as well as ours to make sure all places that could have a lock actually do.  Little things like locking your car door immediately when you get in and trying to make sure we are extra observant of our surroundings are now heavily on our minds.  I even had a dream about being attacked.  We're just not used to living in fear but are now very aware of it.  

It has made me think of all the people 
who live this way all the time.  
In fear of this or that.  
It is a terrible way to live.  

So I just wanted to send out a prayer request to my readers.  Please pray for the victims of these attacks.  Pray that the police are able to apprehend this man.  Pray for all those in this country and others who live in fear on a daily basis.  And pray for those who commit acts violence.  I know this is often hard to do but I pray the Lord can open their minds and their hearts to realize that violence is not the answer.

May peace and safety follow all of you in your daily lives!

6 comments:

  1. oh dear. this is so incredibly scary. but you're so right, many people live with these fears to a level we couldn't understand. praying for your safety and for justice to reign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your and everyones safety. Praying for peace of the victims and praying for justice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for posting this...very good to keep in mind.
    praying for the victims.

    cheers.

    ps. isn't anna great?! glad you approve :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! How terrifying! Well I'm glad that you all are taking precautions, but I'm thinking of those who have been attacked and let me know if there's anything I can do for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my GOSH! How absolutely terrifying. Prayers sent your way -- for you, your family and neighbors! Sometimes the world is just so scary. I remember (in retrospect) a similar thing near where I grew up happening when I was in 3rd grade. Hope this guy is caught soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness - how awful!! Praying for peace for you and also for your neighbors..and praying for the victims. How tragic. :(

    ReplyDelete

Pin It

Related Posts with Thumbnails