*

*
******Behind the Moon BEADWORKS is proud to announce that a portion of proceeds from all purchases will now be donated to support the K-Love radio ministries! Thank you for your support!******

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It still hurts

source
"you're so mean!"
"you're just an old lady!"

These are the words my 3yr-old yelled at me this morning while I was trying to get him dressed.  
He's been saying a lot of hurtful things to me lately.  
What's up wit' that?  
It's not as much what he says, but the way he says it.  
Real angry-like and serious with a major scowl on his face and daggers shooting out of his eyes.  
He still gives me hugs when I come home from work though so I have to assume this is just 
"one of those phases"....but it still hurts.

I've tried spending some extra snuggle time with him because usually when my kids act up it's because they need some personal attention but he really doesn't want anything to do with it.  Remember this post...not too long ago he just wanted his mama, my mere presence was enough to bring his little heart peace,
and now....I don't know.  I hope it passes soon.

Any other mama's been through this?  
Was it just a phase?  
Please lie to me and tell me it was ;)

10 comments:

  1. He is learning to express himself, testing to see what he can and cannot get away with. He doesn't mean it, it's just a way to get at you for a brief minute. He doesn't know how to express his emotions yet. He needs you to teach him. I would let him know that those words are not acceptable and let him know what he can say when he is frustrated. Once he learns this, he will stop. If he doesn't learn this, then he will continue. At his age, it is all about learning what he can get away with and what he cannot. Depending on how you handle the situation determines whether it is just a phase or not.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Brandy has some pretty wise advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krista, its amazing how each kid is born with their own personality and temprament. It sounds like he is passionate which will be a blessing and a curse sometimes. My sister has this type of personality and they speak before they think or to get the immediate response. He may not grow out of his personality but with how loving of a mother you are, I am sure he will learn to control this more. 3 year olds are still in that figuring out boundaries phase;)
    Hang in there, you are a wonderful mom I can tell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww :( I hope the phase passes soon too for your sake! Maybe something has been bothering him at school causing the outburst? Who knows! Fingers crossed that it goes away though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwwwwwwwwwww. I am not a mama but I know when I was a nanny (1 girl and 3 boys) this was DEFINITELY a phase they went through! Hating me and loving me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope this phase of his passes soon, for you!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww... I know how this feels! Not QUITE, but still SO hurtful -- Logan has been insisting that he doesn't love me for the past few weeks. "I only love Daddy." I know he doesn't REALLY know what he's saying, but it still hurts and makes me cry sometimes all the same.

    I hope your little one (and mine!) grow out of this phase soon. I hope our hearts can take it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, that is hard. I have heard some awful stories about kids saying mean things though, and for the most part that's pretty mild. I hate that this is probably so, but I think all kids go through that stage or at least a phase like it. My five ear old niece gets really angry sometimes and tells me she hates me. I know she doesn't mean it, but it still hurts. Like the commenter above, I've heard countless moms say their child gets upset and says things like they only want their daddy or only love daddy. It absolutely is a phase!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Depending on how you handle the situation determines whether it's a phase or not" - i'm just a little further down the road than you (but still not quite 60 yet either :) ) - and that's some awesome advice, my friend. wish i had figured it out before i had to pay someone to tell me. highly recommend the book screamfree parenting (don't let the title mislead you - it's not just for screamers). again, wish i had read it years ago, but it's all good because i definitely subscribe to the "better late than never" mantra. much love and many prayers ~ kelley

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a little late here, but I am having the same issue with Cara lately. They learn quickly how to push your buttons, don't they? C likes to tell me that she doesn't love mommy,, she only loves daddy whenever I tell her no or she doesn't get her way. Ouch! It's encouraging to read the comments here!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It

Related Posts with Thumbnails