*

*
******Behind the Moon BEADWORKS is proud to announce that a portion of proceeds from all purchases will now be donated to support the K-Love radio ministries! Thank you for your support!******

Friday, October 26, 2012

Never thought I would...


My Hubsy's guilty pleasure.

Many a night we are laying in bed, me reading and Hubsy watching episodes of Duck Dynasty on his iPad.  He graciously watches with his headphones on so it doesn't distract my reading.  I'll be all engrossed in my book and he'll be next to me snickering and snorting.  Sometimes he can't contain it and laughs out loud almost waking up Bubba. I usually just roll my eyes and go back to my book. 

Yesterday was Hubsy's birthday and after gorging ourselves on dinner and ice cream he wanted to veg and watch Duck Dynasty together.  This was the ONLY way he was going to get me to sit and watch an entire episode.  Yep, he played the "but it's my birthday" card.

Ends up I watched 3 episodes in a row with him.  And you know what?  I actually liked it.  Oh sure there was plenty of played up redneck antics to roll your eyes at but you know what I found to be the redeeming quality?  The emphasis these people put on God and family.

What really struck a chord with me is how every episode ends with Willie Robertson summarizing the events and sharing a lesson learned.  Then the family gathers around the table praying together and sharing a meal and fellowship.  In these days of reality TV, it is refreshing to see some traditional values and hearing a "moral of the story" at the end.  A rare find indeed.

I may not watch every episode but I'll be much more willing to indulge Hubsy when he wants me to watch it with him.  It was kinda fun....ssshhhh....don't tell anyone I said that ;)

Happy Friday all!

**Thank you to all who offered prayer and condolences for the passing of my sweet Gram, it was so very appreciated**

4 comments:

  1. i seriously have to watch this show so many bloggers are raving about it couldn't wait for the 2nd season to start i gotta watch it! im sorry to learn of the passing of your gram, prayers for you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many people on FB are talking about this Duck Dynasty every week. I need to start watching!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness, I LOVE this post!!! Because I love Duck Dynasty!!! It is totally (one of many) my guilty pleasure!! What's funny is that I watch it more than my husband. He doesn't really understand why I like it so much, but I just do! Not only are they hilarious, but like you said, I love how at the end they all gather around the table to share prayer and lessons learned. ~ Have a beautiful day!! :)
    (Thanks for stopping by Chaos & Coffee!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing show! We were watching last night, and it just makes me laugh out loud. M loves it too and so does my dad. I mean how can you not love the show?

    ReplyDelete

Pin It

Related Posts with Thumbnails