*

*
******Behind the Moon BEADWORKS is proud to announce that a portion of proceeds from all purchases will now be donated to support the K-Love radio ministries! Thank you for your support!******

Thursday, August 22, 2013

how DO you know?

image via

When do you say "OK, this must not be part of God's plan"?
And when do you say, "I trust in you Lord, I will keep faith and not give up"?

This internal battle has spread itself to many parts of our life lately.  I've been praying so hard for answers.  I know my prayers are heard, I know He will answer.  But sometimes waiting for His answer and trying to interpret signs is just plain HARD.

image via

You see Hubsy and I have this dream to move to the country and build a simpler quiet life.  It's been building in us for over a year.  It's the kind of life we want not only for ourselves but for our boys especially.  Less busy, less stuff....more nature, more quiet, more discovery.  This past May we decided to go for it and make it happen so we put our house up for sale.  We found a sweet little house in the country on a dirt road with a lot of farm land around...perfection :)  Problem is we are having a very difficult time selling our house.  I won't go into the details but it has been a really rough road so far.

I have a beautiful house.  If I could pick it up and move it to the country  I would absolutely do that without a moments hesitation.  So...we are left to wonder if this is a sign that moving is not in God's plan for us at all?  Or just not now? Or should we keep trying?  Is our buyer right around the corner?  We find ourselves weary of the frequent showings we have and needing to leave the house.  This takes its toll on planning several aspects of everyday life...even just what to have for dinner since I may or may not be around to cook it : )  Not to mention our boys are homebodies (like us) and get quite cranky when they have to suddenly stop playing so we can clean up and leave on short notice.  But we know this is all part of the process of selling your home, it's just something you gotta do.

It tugs at our minds and hearts daily.
What about you?
Do you struggle with not knowing when to walk away from something and when to just try harder?

I'd love to hear your story, please share!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it's been so difficult :[ Praying for you guys. I know that soon you guys will have an amazing story of how God cared for your family! :]
    We find ourselves struggling with seeking God's will as well. Chris is pretty unhappy with work (loves his boss, loves the industry, just . . . he's just bored out of his mind), and, even though we love our church and the area here, Chris is pretty restless and looking for new things. I'm pretty happy, but I hate seeing him dismal. So our question becomes, if God hasn't provided new work for Chris, does that mean we're supposed to stay here? Or does it mean we're supposed to just quit and run off, hoping it all works out? I'm kinda rooting for the former option, but you never know :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your family, sweet friend. I think your questions are completely legit and something we all struggle with. I think sometimes He answers us but if it's not the answer we want, we choose not to hear it. (personal experience)

    We were ready to put our house on the market this summer as well, and then we kept having set back after set back. We decided it was probably God telling us that it wasn't the right time. But you're right, the hardest is part is the "waiting". Sometimes it's b/c He's working out teh details for you, you just can't see it. And it takes time. Hugs, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It

Related Posts with Thumbnails