*

*
******Behind the Moon BEADWORKS is proud to announce that a portion of proceeds from all purchases will now be donated to support the K-Love radio ministries! Thank you for your support!******

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

will i ever do something great?


There's so much going on in my heart right now.  I've really been spending a lot of time in reflection and examination of my life and spirit.  One example of something heavy on my heart lately is my purpose. 

Who did God create me to be?
What are my God given gifts?
And how can I use them to glorify God?


Just can't stop with the sunsets at the hilltop homestead :)


For some reason I keep coming back to my job. Am I blessed to have it? Yeppers.  Does it provide for my family? Absolutely.  But does it make good use of my abilities?  Not so much.

I've been researching, and thinking, and doing a whole lot of praying about this.  I have so much more to contribute than what has been so far. With the vast reach of the internet and social media, I now see tons of people accomplishing great things and while it makes my heart happy to see so much of God's love being poured out by others, I tend to feel like I'm watching from the sidelines.

Then I ran across this devotion at Proverbs 31 Ministries.  Take a minute to read it and come on back.

It almost felt like I could have written the first part.  And then this statement truly hit me.
I was under the false impression that if God chose me to accomplish great things for Him, it would include an elaborate theme with plenty of fanfare. - See more at: http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/will-i-ever-accomplish-something-great/#sthash.yvXq79Qr.dpuf
"I was under the false impression that if God chose me to accomplish great things for Him, it would include an elaborate theme with plenty of fanfare."
I was under the false impression that if God chose me to accomplish great things for Him, it would include an elaborate theme with plenty of fanfare. - See more at: http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/will-i-ever-accomplish-something-great/#sthash.yvXq79Qr.dpuf
I was under the false impression that if God chose me to accomplish great things for Him, it would include an elaborate theme with plenty of fanfare. - See more at: http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/will-i-ever-accomplish-something-great/#sthash.yvXq79Qr.dpuf
While looking to use my gifts in a big way, I have been oblivious to how I am already using them on the ground level.  I am quite like the servant with one bag of silver in the Parable of the three servants.  How have I been handling the responsibilities He has already given me? I have been focusing on a big opportunity to use my gifts rather than the small ones I am presented with every day.  They may seem insignificant but nothing escapes the eye of our Lord.  Am I using my abilities to be the wife and mother God has called me to be?  The daughter/sister/friend He has called me to be?  How can I ask Him to use me for more if I do not seek out these His will for me in these quiet moments of routine?

So maybe using my gifts won't come in the form of a new career or business venture.  I must look first to how I am using my gifts within my own home.  Learning to have a heart of thanksgiving and obedience.  The difference we can make in our own homes should not be taken lightly.

May we choose peace when we just want to yell in frustration when our young ones test limits.

May we continually die to our own selfish desires and love on our husbands the way God directs...whether we feel like they deserve it in that moment or not.

May we strive to love each other unconditionally the way that Jesus loves us.

Our "something great" may be little in the eyes of others, but great indeed to our Father's eyes.



His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It

Related Posts with Thumbnails